mercredi 23 mars 2011

Free of being just who I am

Someone knocks at the door. Timing's not really good. I had something else planned in mind.

I like sushi you see. I would eat it everyday if I could. Maybe that would be too much. Who knows. Only thing I know is I don't ask.

Do I have a drinking problem? All I know is some days the bottle was "knocking" at my door. Was my friend. Not anymore.

I've always liked the buzz. Today, I know I don't need to buzz to feel fulfilled. I'm in my moment. Just there, present. Taking pleasure in listening to the bird that's singing, looking at the kid that's running, spending time with myself.

That's the most powerful thing I've realized. I can be happy just with who I am.

Stupid hey. Sounds so simple. Not really.

I used to care a lot about what others thought of me. I looked outside to feel "whole" within.

Today, I am just who I am. Free.

Free to think, to sit down and enjoy the moment, to relax, to laugh, to cry.

Men do all these things, well, I guess I still do if you're still not convinced.

It's just who I am. I'm proud of that. Of being sensitive, connected with my feelings.

When my kids are not around part of me isn't there. That I know, I feel. I also know that the dad in me is so proud of what I've done and accomplished so far.

I'm present in the lives of my kids, cause I've never been so grounded, and free to be just who I am, being able to give the best of me.

That's because I've connected with the bigger man in me. The one that's free.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire