dimanche 27 mars 2011

Men are good dads

Here's a special post, one that speaks about being a good man.

I've never felt so good as a man, as a dad. I know now I'm capable. Able to be not an image, what women want, the fairy tale prince. No, just a guy who knows what he wants out of life.

I've changed everything around me in the last 2 years. From my car, my house, my clothes, my job, even my underwear. I have changed the things outside to mirror my changes within. No longer feeling trapped, no longer feeling guilty for thinking. I wasn't happy, period. Life's so short. I had to do something. I did.

Some said I was self-centered. That my wantings dominated, that my children were left suffering.

What is more suffering I ask? To live in a glass prison? To be, day-in, day-out, not appreciated, criticized, and so on.

I never felt I did anything right, but I never fully asserted myself. I take my share of responsibility, I'm not playing the victim.

I chose a different path, one filled with love. Why should a guy stay married if he is suffering? If the household, the family, isn't what he thought it used to be. And that no matter what he does, it ain't never enough. I tried and I tried.

I believe, based on my life, that when a man throws the towel, he has tried everything humanly possible to save his marriage. I did, and I've never looked back.

I wear different clothes, but my kids know who their dad is, and what he stands for. I'm proud of that, in fact, very.

It's my legacy. Each word, each phrase, I write for them.

One day they'll know. And they will be able to trace back the path of love that their dad built for them.

Men are good dads. I'm one of them, not a rare bread, just humbled by the experience, and happy for what life has given me so far.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire